Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NO MORE BLANKETS!!

"Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how." ~pride and prejudice

That line always makes me laugh because it is so me. I wish I was clever and had a quick wit as well but alas, I do not. I am the one who is laying in bed two days later thinking, OH MAN, I should had said THIS! Anyways I was trying to think of something Jane Austeny to put with this post and nothing was coming to me, thereby making this one very appropriate.

I have a little advice for you today, something that had I been a little more quick-witted and able to think of something very sensible to reply I may not have been stuck in the spot I was. When someone has done a huge amazing thing for you and you are seeking a way to thank them for their help, DO NOT ASK THEM WHAT YOU CAN DO TO THANK THEM!!! Seriously! it's dangerous business!  You go in thinking you will take them to a cool play or to the spa for the day(both things you can enjoy as well) and then out of nowhere you hear yourself agreeing... to knit them a blanket!

Now if you were having this conversation with a baby that was some sort of genius and could talk at a very early age I would say sure, go for it. However if the person is taller than 24 inches I would take care in the offerings you make.

That being said, it was most definitely a huge labour of love, but I am FINALLY finished the blanket! Hours and hours knitting with 6mm needles, at times I thought my brain was going to explode from the monotony of it all. It was worth it though, and when I stop whining and think about it, fairly appropriate since the person I made it for helped me in a colossal way, for many hours and many days.

It feels so good to be done though.

Now I am working on some butterfly dishcloths for a wedding present, a nice somewhat complicated pattern to awaken me out of my knitting despondency. After that, who knows! Something FUN and something for ME!! Maybe a nice summery scarf,or some cool fingerless gloves or a bag for my yoga mat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment