Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Nothing ever fatigues me, but doing what I do not like." - from Mansfield Park

Has it been that long since my last post? Unconscionable!

I blame it the insipid blanket I am knitting. I am bored, SO bored! Row after row after row of tedious repetitive knitting. BLARG!

I decided to start a few more projects, smaller ones that I can work on at the same time as the blanket to break up the monotony of it all.

One diversion I am working on is a pair of hot pink fingerless gloves. They are excessively fun! I love the yarn, actually the yarn has nothing to do with it, it's more a love for the colour of the yarn. Pink! so bright and cheerful... very tolerable, I dare say, definitely handsome enough to tempt me.

I am planning on stitching some cute flowers or stars on them, as well and words on the knuckle parts. But what to say? There are countless projects of it done on ravelry, but none with words that I feel are good enough for my pink knuckies. So I put it out to you blogosphere, and the one or two people that accidentally read my blog. What should I put on them?

A few ideas I came up with, rock - star , wild - girl, dance - hard, what - ever, cool - beans and high - five (although it may be weird saying high five on the topside of my hand and not to inside where actual high fives happen..)


This is the idea from Ravelry






and this is one of my pinkalicious knuckies

3 comments:

  1. first of all, I def think you should put cool-beans on them, but if you want some other ideas, how about grls-rule, or kick-butt or face-slap (which really should be on the inside) or kevs-girl or face-punch (which is a bit long, but totally awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great ideas! cool beans was my favourite... but now I am also considering face punch.

    ReplyDelete