Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pikachu DS Cozy

On a whim I thought I would try to make a simple DS cozy for my Brother on his birthday, he ended up liking it more than the actual present I bought him. The pattern is basic and can be adapted with almost any design you like on the top 

Materials:
any worsted weight scrap yarn (not much is needed)
additional yarn for picture detail
size 5mm (US8) circular needles
Velcro strips
red felt
plastic doll eyes (I bought mine at Michaels)
yarn needle


Cast on 18 st using the turkish cast on method

Knit 41 rows in stockinette stitch

Bind off 18 stitches

Continue knitting in stockinette stitch for 15 more rows

Bind off the rest.


Sew on velcro strips along the inside edge of the flap and the outside of the cozy by the first cast off edge

fasten on the eyes and using fabric glue stick on the cheek circles

Stitch on the design on the top

Weave in all ends.

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment