Sunday, March 13, 2011

TOUCHDOWN!

"Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable." - Mr. Knightly

Sometimes Mr. Knightly can be such a fuddy-duddy, He is THE stick in the mud,  the wet blanket thrust upon Emma. I was never a lover of their relationship (not at least until I saw the new movie version of Emma wherein they totally aged him down) He always kind of creeped me out when he said he had held her as a baby... um ewww! I was always more of a fun flirty Frank Churchill fan.

Anyways contrary to Mr. Knightly I think surprises are awesome and I love to plan them (though often I get too excited and spill my guts before it actually happens) My sister-in-law just had a baby boy and I thought I would attempt to make her a football baby cocoon, I have seen a few on ravelry and think they are SO cute, I couldn't find a free pattern online so I made this one up. All the footballs I had seen were crocheted so that worried me a little, I am still learning how to crochet let alone tweak, change and make up patterns. I think it took me 10 tries before I had the bottom figured out, but it was a pleasant surprise that it all worked out in the end. A surprise for me and a surprise for her DOUBLE WHAMMY! Suck on that Mr. Knightly!

It took every ounce of restraint in me not to call my sister-in-law and ask the exact size and measurements of her baby or if the package had arrived yet in the mail. I did my best to guess, trying the outfit on a baby doll of my kids that I thought was about the size of a newborn, and it worked out fairly well. She sent me a picture and the hat looked a little big but that just means he will be able to wear it longer so yeah, I totally planned it that way.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you are allowed to say "suck on that Mr. Knightly" nonetheless, I love the cocoon, and you must force your sis-in-law to get a good pic of him in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me! this is my blog, I can say whatever the heck I feel like saying!! suck on THAT Emily&Jesse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just posting here so that you know that there are people waiting here to read your next brilliant post. and that I like the football. and that I miss Twisted Stitcher meetings, what is up with that? and that I just read Mr Darcy's Diary & it was mediocre, no Confessions of FD. And that I need to go to bed because I am dehydrated and burnt from the AWESOME weather we are finally having. ciao baby!

    ReplyDelete