Wednesday, February 24, 2010

O Canada Toque!


I made this toque to show my spirit for the olympics that are going on right now. I got tickets to see some bobsledding and wanted to quickly knit something patriotic to wear. I used big fat circular needles and it knit up in a day! Super easy and super fast. I used circular needles the whole time and did the double magic loop method .  

Materials:

1 ball of Wool-Ease thick 'n' quick yarn in Cranberry

1 ball of Wool-Ease thick 'n'quick yarn in Fisherman

Circular knitting needles - 12.75mm (US 17)

yarn needle


Cast on 38 stitches

Knit rows 1-4 in cranberry

Switch to fisherman and knit rows 5 & 6

Change back to cranberry and knit rows 7-20

Switch to fisherman and knit rows 21 & 22

Change back to cranberry and knit row 23

row 24- k4, k2tog, repeat until the last two and knit the last two

row 25 - k3, k2tog

row 26 - knit all around

row 27 - k2, k2tog

row 28 - k1, k2tog

row 29 - k2tog

thread the yarn through the remains stitches, tie off and weave in.

Next, stich on the maple leaf using a duplicate stitch (following the knitting stiches thread the white yarn ontop using a yarn needle) The pattern I used for the Maple leaf looks like this:

                                   

GO CANADA GO!!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and an easy knit! I'm going to get some yarn for my daughter and let her make one up, she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete